Sunday, May 24, 2015

New job, New phase, Still freelancing!!

I've been freelancing for 2 1/2 years and have loved it.  During these years I have also been a stay-at-home dad.  Adding the full year that I was at home before I started freelancing means I was able to spend a total of 3 1/2 years with my kids (including 3 amazing lazy summers).  Freelancing allowed me the luxury of staying home with them, a privilege that many parents, especially dads, never have.  I've been able to be home when they get off the bus and when they have days off school.  However, that is all about to change (for a good reason).

I recently got a full time job, which means I'll no longer be working for myself (at least not full time).  And while I am excited by this change which marks a new phase in my life, it also means I have to put on pants and leave the house!

Everything happened super fast - I applied for the job this past Thursday, was contacted by email within an hour or so after applying for an interview, had the interview Friday morning, and was offered the job the same afternoon.  And I start the job this coming Tuesday.  Talk about head spinning!  I'm still trying to adjust to the fact that I'm going back to the 9 to 5 routine. 

My new job is as the Marketing Coordinator for a local family of companies which does real estate and construction and even has a restaurant.  The different parts of this company are Bold Real Estate, Domicile Realty, Governors Club, and Bean & Barrel

I will still be doing some freelance work in a very limited capacity, so if you need something done, let me know.  Find me on Upwork (formerly oDesk) or contact me through my Weebly site for a quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment