Friday, June 12, 2015

More news from the day job

Since I last blogged about this job with Domicile/ Bold/ Governors Club, I've been doing new things that I've never done before. I designed my first print ad this week, which may or may not ever see it into print. I'm also managing the Facebook pages for 3 companies, a new thing for me. And the writing that I'm doing is much different than what I've done in the past.

My Weebly site with Day Job samples
When I interviewed for this job, I was told that real estate writing is very flowery and was asked if could could that type of writing. I think my response was something like, 'I can write anything'. So I've been writing descriptions of houses and using words like 'charming', 'gorgeous,' and 'spacious' which should ideally help to sell the homes.

One of the main things I appreciate about this job is that I am pretty much left alone to do my work. And speaking of work, I'm using my Weebly site to keep a running list of articles that I've written. Click on the photo to find links to these articles.

**July 22, 2015 update: I switched up my website a little, so the link above won't work. See my work samples here.

No comments:

Post a Comment